Re: Question about syncrepl

Thanks Ando.
To supplement Ando's summary, the 2.2 admin guide has a new chapter
on the Syncrepl replication engine (Chapter 14) and a new section
in chapter 5 describing the configuration options.

The protocol details can be referred to an Internet Draft entitled
"LDAP Content Synchronization Operation" (<draft-zeilenga-ldup-sync-04>).

The decision between the two modes is implemented in back-bdb/search.c
The present mode is intended to be used when it is not possible to
perform the delete mode synchronization due to short history information
or when it is not secure to reveal the identity of the deleted entries to the clients.
The current OpenLDAP implementation resorts to the present mode
when the session log store does not cover the synchronization state of the client.

BTW, can I ask more on your development / application ?

- Jong