Operational attributes

I think we should allow operational attributes to be defined in slapd
configuration files.

In our application, we have a number of SLAPI plugins that compute
operational attributes at search time. There is no easy way using the
SLAPI plugin API to register the attribute types with the server, nor
do other implementations of SLAPI expect this to be done.

It would be nice to simply ship a schema file along with the plugin.

I know there has been resistance to doing this in the past, and I
understand the reasons why, but I'd be interested in any other
thoughts.

regards,

-- Luke