RE: openldap/sasl/krb5 authentication question:

I hear that the MIT folks are working on making their libs thread-safe. So
this means we need to track whatever version numbers are involved there.

> How are we with Cyrus SASL versioning?

I guess we could raise the bar here, our RE21 only requires Cyrus >=2.1.3. I
don't think anything older than 2.1.15 is stable enough to use though.

> And OpenSSL?

No real issues I can think of. 0.9.7 was a dud, but the current releases
(0.9.7a and newer, 0.9.6, etc...) all appear to work.