Re: OpenLDAP / GUI client password compatibility: advice requested

At 02:23 PM 12/16/2003, Michael Ströder wrote:
>Betts, Chris wrote:
>>Correct JXplorer behaviour would be to
>>give the user the option of using an rfc3062 password modify extended
>>operation whenever the userPassword attribute value is changed,
>
>Well, I don't know any LDAP server product except OpenLDAP which
>has support for RFC 3062.

The question wasn't who else supported RFC 3062 but how should
a GUI client be developed to be compatible with OpenLDAP
server.  The answers not only fit the specific question, but
are sound advice in general.  Follow the Standards....

Kurt

PS: multiple independently-developed implementations do exist
(sorry, I cannot disclose additional details)