RE: -llunicode (Was: HEADS UP: BerkeleyDB 4.2, libldif, etc.)

I was referring to asymetric encoding and decoding.  IIRC,
one side there was whole struct writes and on the other
side individual fields.  This will fail if there is any
padding in the struct.

I think we should either use a standard encoding (BER,
XDR, etc.) to ensure portability... OR go platform
specific (possibly with swap/size detection but not
correction).  Middle grounds are problematic.

Kurt