Re: Operation thread-safe

Hi Kurt,
        What about doing away with ldap_dup() /ldap_destroy () and
pushing that intelligence into the library implementation ?
        I mean, the thread-specific data structures of ld are stored in
the TSD of a thread. Whenever any ldap api is called, it tries to get
the TSD of the calling thread. If that is NULL, it sets up one and uses
it to store and work on ld_errno, ld_matched, etc.
        As for the data structures common to all the threads, the
approach remains same as the earlier design ( i.e serializing access
using synchronization primitives ).

regards,
Indranil