Re: jp.openldap.org

At 11:33 PM 10/29/2003, Masato Taruishi wrote:
>> At 11:55 PM 10/26/2003, Masato Taruishi wrote:
>> >Because I'm Japanese, I'm glad if I can read OpenLDAP web pages in
>> >Japanese. Can I use translate it to Japanese and read it at
>> >
>> >http://www.jp.openldap.org/
>>
>> I'd use that to name a website mirror located in Japan, as
>> opposed to using it to name a website with content in Japanese.
>> Mirroring of content is (as far as I'm concerned) a separate
>> issue.
>
>I see. How often is http://www.openldap.org/ accessed? Don't we need
>any mirror site now? In addition, how about cvs.OpenLDAP.org?

For a mirror, I suspect the network usage would be a hundred or
two Kbps (at 95th percentile).  Of course, the server should be
allowed to peak at a higher rate.

Other key requirements would include a dedicated server and
remote console access.

At least for the first mirror, I would be best for me to be
be in direct control of the mirror so that I can actually
engineer an appropriate content mirroring solution for the
web site.

Those are seriously interested in hosting a mirror can contact
me privately to discuss details.

Kurt