RE: commit: ldap/servers/slapd bind.c

Yuck....

I'm thinking the SLAPI operation layer should be wrapped inside an overlay.
Then it will only enter the code path if it's been explicitly configured for
a particular backend. All of these conditionals in the frontend are starting
to get in the way, and the fact that it alters default slapd behavior even
when no plugins are loaded is really annoying.