Re: new admin guide draft

>>I would expect it to retry after interval -- and I have the interval set
>>to 00:00:01 in slapd.conf.
>
>current behavior :
>- refreshOnly : will restart after the interval
>- refreshAndPersist : the syncrepl thread will be terminated

Ah -- I had it set to refreshAndPersist.

The behaviors upon bind or search errors should depend on the type of error and the policy.

>For example in the SASL bind case above, issues are
>1) whether the error code uniquely identifies the cause of the error (in this example, LDAP_LOCAL_ERROR) or not
>2) how to know in advance the future availability of the credentials...

Right, this is a particularly difficult one to judge because in some
cases it should be treated as a hard error.

>1) stop the consumer server,
>2) stop the synchronization,
>3) retry with fixed interval,
>4) retry with increasing delay ...

Something like nsswitch.conf could be nice, eg.

	[LDAP_INVALID_CREDENTIALS=retry] [LDAP_SERVER_DOWN=retryWithBackoff]

-- Luke