RE: Thread-local malloc discussion summary

No, it's safe because sl_free also tests the pointer and passes it off to
ch_free if it doesn't own the memory. There are some cycles here, but no
infinite recursions... It would be nice if this could all be put into one
place, to avoid the mess of cyclic dependencies, but I don't see how at the
moment:
	slapd/ch_malloc(size) -> liblber/ber_memalloc_x(size, NULL)

	liblber/ber_memalloc_x(size, ctx) -> slapd/sl_malloc(size, ctx)

if sl_malloc runs out of memory:
	slapd/sl_malloc(size, ctx) -> slapd/ch_malloc(size)

I think ideally sl_malloc would just be part of liblber/memory.c but we can't
do it this way because sl_malloc depends on libldap_r.

> You could make slapi_ch_malloc() use sl_malloc().

I thought about that. This would be great, but it assumes that plugins only
want temporary memory, and will never want to malloc something that persists
beyond the current operation. I don't think we know enough about how people
use their plugins to be able to make that assumption.