RE: SLAP_NVALUES in HEAD

I think the point is that with SLAP_NVALUES defined, the indexers don't need
to do any normalization themselves. So your change is ok, but doing redundant
normalization. I'm not sure what else is missing, it seems that
integerFirstComponentMatch is doing something weird too. Have to see what
Kurt says...