RE: back-bdb future

The recent index DB subdatabase patch of Howard
seems to solve the deadlock problem ! (dbcache.c version 1.25)
I experimented with 200K entries and the test run went well.
I'll try a million entry run during the weekend.
BTW, it does not seem to be related to the pthread mutex,
because the deadlock occurred even when the number of threads is set to
just 1.
- Jong

Jong Hyuk Choi
IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center - Enterprise Linux Group
P. O. Box 218, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
email: jongchoi@us.ibm.com
(phone) 914-945-3979    (fax) 914-945-4425   TL: 862-3979

"Howard Chu" <hyc@highlandsun.com> on 03/28/2003 10:30:04 PM