Re: config backend

Howard Chu writes:
> Just food for thought:
>
> dn: cn=config
> (...)
> limits: anonymous $ time=1 $ size=20
> labeledURI: ldap://localhost $ listen on loopback interface, default port
> (...)

I don't see how slapd could start a backend before it opened the
listeners, since the listeners may have to be opened as root while the
server may be running as non-root when it opens the backends.  Not to
mention the chroot sandbox, which prevents backends from doing harm
to the rest of the filesystem.  I don't use these features myself,
but I probably would if I used programmable backends like back-perl.

--
Hallvard