thread pool ?

I suspect something is wrong in the thread pool code, haven't got time at the
moment to check it out. I've noticed that slapd tends to very quickly spawn
the maximum number of threads while it's running. In test008-concurrency
there are only 14 clients at most, and they each execute one operation at a
time. As such, there should only be a need for 14 active threads, max. There
is no reason slapd should get up to 32 worker threads in this test.