Re: ITS#2182 IDL cache

I've looked through the patch and the patch looks fine. Thanks !

I appreciate if I can get the following information on the test run.

request type : search ? search-update mix ?
the number of entries in the directory
"idlcachesize" value set in slapd.conf
ballpark number of different search specs
the length of the test run
indexing
base dn (root or non-root ?)

It would be possible that the test run is too short for the IDL cache to be
warmed up
and it would also be possible that there's little locality of reference in
accessing
IDLs contained in the index databases and the dn2id database during the
test run.

- Jong

Jong Hyuk Choi
IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center - Enterprise Linux Group
P. O. Box 218, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
email: jongchoi@us.ibm.com
(phone) 914-945-3979    (fax) 914-945-4425   TL: 862-3979

"Howard Chu" <hyc@highlandsun.com>@OpenLDAP.org on 12/10/2002 02:39:45 PM

Sent by:    owner-openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org