Re: Multi-Master Replication

At 01:30 PM 2002-11-29, Jon Miner wrote:
>End result: All changes processed, LDAP servers out-of-sync.

That's "multi-master replication"...  at least without any
mechanism to prevent, detect, or resolve data inconsistency
problems.

>I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out an elegant solution to
>this, but I'm at a loss.

Some might say you are searching for a solution to an
unsolvable problem.  :-)

>It seems that an external clock or sequence is required.o
>Anybody?

Well, you might read IETF LDUP WG I-Ds.  They talk of ways to
detect and resolve data inconsistencies.  Many of the I-Ds
are expired, so you have to go to www.watersprings.org/pub/id
or other expired I-D repository to locate them.

Kurt