Re: question on where to expire entries in server code

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

> You might look at RFC 2589.

Yeah.  Thanks.  That looked to be just was i was interested in.
Has anyone implemented this for OpenLDAP.  I don't see anytihing
in HEAD.  Would anyone (besides me) be interested in this ?

> You might look at the FTree backend (for 2.0).
>   http://www.openldap.org/its/?findid=1499
>
> IIRC, FTree doesn't provide persistence for dynamic objects.
> But, depending on your application, that may not be needed.

Actually the in memory db would definitely help with a few
things, but I think during run time i'll end up with the same
issues as a persistent db.  Main thing is that I figure out the
existing interfaces so I don't end up going behind the curtains.

cheers, jerry