RE: ACL changes for add/delete/rename and back-shell

At 11:41 AM 2002-10-08, Howard Chu wrote:
>What does entry write access mean when adding an entry?  This lets you set up an ACL that says someone can/cannot create a specific entry?

Yes.
  access to dn.one="ou=people,o=foo" attr=entry filter=(objectClass=person)
    by dn="ou=manager,o=foo" write
    by * read

means that only "ou=manager,o=foo" can add person objects
directly under "ou=people,o=foo" (assuming "ou=manager,o=foo"
also has "children" write access to "ou=people,o=foo").