RE: Cyrus SASL 2 is no good

Most of the issues are now being handled. My patch for 1.5.27 is now in the
Cyrus CVS tree, and I've just submitted a patch for 2.1.2 that addresses my
concerns with the realm info.

The only outstanding issue is what is the real use of the CANON_USER
callback. My last patch to slapd works by ignoring the CANON_USER callback
and just doing the canonicalization in the authorize callback, like the 1.5
version. It's a rude hack though; I depend on knowing the size of the buffer
SASL allocated for the user names, because I overwrite it in the authorize
callback. The problem is that the CANON_USER callback is really unusable for
our purposes because it executes before the plugin authenticates the user.
We want to munge the name after SASL has already validated it, and at the
moment the only way is during authorization.