Re: OpenLDAP / win32

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

We don't distribute any pre-packaged binary distribution
for any platform.  There are a number of reasons for this.
Most significantly, we just don't have the resources to
distribute binary distributions for all supported platforms
and it would be inappropriate to be selective.

...unless said platform was difficult to compile for, say because it didn't include a c compiler and/or had plenty of difficult-to-satisfy dependencies.

Windows apps tend to benefit from nice gui installers too (although I'll avoid a discussion as to why that might be the case :) ).

I for one would love to see an 'official' OpenLDAP NT service.

- samj