Mac OS X build issues

Hi- I'm trying to build 2.2.23 on Mac OS X.

I thought most of the pthread issues were gone since 10.1.3- and, indeed, configure --with-threads runs correctly.

However, I consistently get an error in libldap_r:

cc -dynamiclib -flat_namespace -undefined suppress -o .libs/libldap_r.dylib threads.lo rdwr.lo tpool.lo thr_posix.lo thr_cthreads.lo thr_thr.lo thr_lwp.lo thr_nt.lo thr_pth.lo thr_stub.lo extended.lo bind.lo controls.lo open.lo result.lo error.lo compare.lo search.lo modify.lo add.lo modrdn.lo delete.lo abandon.lo cache.lo cyrus.lo getfilter.lo sasl.lo sbind.lo kbind.lo unbind.lo friendly.lo free.lo disptmpl.lo srchpref.lo dsparse.lo tmplout.lo sort.lo getdn.lo getentry.lo getattr.lo getvalues.lo addentry.lo request.lo os-ip.lo url.lo sortctrl.lo vlvctrl.lo init.lo options.lo print.lo string.lo util-int.lo schema.lo charray.lo tls.lo dn.lo os-local.lo dnssrv.lo utf-8.lo version.lo -L/Users/admin/Projects/openldap-2.0.23/libraries -L/sw/lib -lsasl -lssl -lcrypto -lc
ld: common symbols not allowed with MH_DYLIB output format
cyrus.lo definition of common _ldap_int_sasl_mutex (size 4)
util-int.lo definition of common _ldap_int_resolv_mutex (size 4)
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[2]: *** [libldap_r.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-common] Error 1
make: *** [all-common] Error 1

I've tried adding CFLAGS="-fno-common" to configure.in (does this need to be added in a specific place?), as well as configuring --without-threads.

Thanks-

http://www.4am-media.com Mac OS X Consulting and Training Michael Bartosh mbartosh@4am-media.com 303.517.0272 Denver, CO

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher regard those who think alike than those who think differently."

- -- Nietzsche

			Think Different.