Re: Is the LDAP_OPT_RECONNECT macro gone?

At 04:26 AM 2002-02-03, Tito Ciuro wrote:
>It seems that the LDAP_OPT_RECONNECT macro has been deprecated. I was using it in this context: ldap_set_option (_ld, LDAP_OPT_RECONNECT, LDAP_OPT_ON). Is there any way to recover this functionality with the new functions?

You cannot recover functionality that was never provided.
LDAP_OPT_RECONNECT was never implemented.  LDAP_OPT_RECONNECT is
not part of the IETF LDAPext LDAP C API draft specification.

Reconnecting should be done under application control so that
TLS, SASL, and LDAP security associations can be properly
reestablished.

I note that this list is reserved for discussions regarding the
implementation of OpenLDAP, not use (including development with)
of OpenLDAP Software.  Please direct future posts to the most
appropriate mailing list.  http://www.openldap.org/lists/

Kurt