RE: TLS client certs, SASL EXTERNAL

OK, the current code will send a TLS warning alert to the client indicating a
bad cert. (Whether the client actually sees or does anything with it is
anyone's guess. You need at least Trace level debug to see it with our client
library.) As for security considerations, it degenerates to the case of no cert
provided at all, same as the current default. In this case, you still get
privacy for the session, even if you don't get PKI-based authentication.