OpenLDAP Java LDAP API To Do List

The following is my take of the Java LDAP API To-do List

OpenLDAP Java LDAP API To Do List

If you have a project you'd like added to this list, discuss it on
Developer's list or just do it.

Please read:
    http://www.OpenLDAP.org/devel/programming.html
    http://www.OpenLDAP.org/devel/contributing.html

Java LDAP API Projects (not in any order)
---------------------
    Implement the startTLS & stopTLS methods in LDAPConnection.

    Implement the sasl bind methods in LDAPConnection.

    IETF Draft 17 support.  Currently the code is somewhere around
         draft 14.  For the complete list of draft 17 changes, see
         the file jldap/design/To-do-draft17.txt.

    Implement a generalized response factory for LDAP Extended
       See the register command for LDAPControls as an example.  Right
       generation of LDAPExtendedResponse classes is hard coded in
       com/novell/ldap/client/ExtResponseFactory.java.

    Create Utility classes for reading and writing LDIF.

Implementation Notes
--------------------

    The org.ietf.ldap package exposes only those classes and methods
    defined the IETF Java LDAP API draft.  These classes are adapters
    to the com.novell.ldap classes.  We do not deprecate methods and
    classes eliminated by changes to the ITEF draft, we just remove
them.

    The com.novell.ldap classes implement the functionality defined in
    the LDAP API draft as well as additional functionality we feel is
    useful.  Methods or classes that are removed by changes to the
IETF
    draft are deprecated.

    Note: All enhancements and updates should include appropriate
Javadoc.

---
$OpenLDAP: pkg/jldap/design/todo.txt,v 1.1 2002/01/18 23:46:40 vtag Exp
$

Steve Sonntag
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net services software