Re: schema check

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:

> At 11:23 AM 2002-01-10, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> >I note that modifying the "cn=Log,cn=Monitor" entry fails because
> >there's no structural objectClass in Monitor entries; what could
> >be a reasonable objectClass for Monitor entries?
>
> I suggest something like:
>         ( X.Y.Z NAME 'monitor' MUST cn )
>
> be used with extensibleObject.

I assume this goes in a separate schema file, e.g. monitor.schema;

I propose:

#   Used in conjunction with 'extensibleObject'
#   in 'cn' it holds the name of the subsystem it is monitoring
objectclass ( TBD
        NAME 'monitor'
        DESC 'OpenLDAP system monitoring'
        SUP top
        MUST ( cn )
        STRUCTURAL
        )

would you mind allocating an OID under OpenLDAP's scope for the
purpose?

Ando.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 |