Re: partial replication of entries/attributes

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

: > In LDAP/X.500, modifications are atomic, all-or-nothing. If any part of an
: > update fails the entire update must fail. The place to limit things is on the
: > master, when it generates the replog.
:
: I definitely meant using some sort of ACLs when generating the replog
: data, a sort of extension/generalization of the current code that
: partially replicates a subtree.  One could think of generating only
: partial changes based on some rule; ACLs may be one flexible way to
: write those rules.

If you mean like the "filter replicas" some vendors offer, I think
this would be just dandy.

Randall