Re: free vs. ber_memfree

There are very few cases where free() should be called
directly (namely when the system library allocator was
used directly).  Generally, the *free() form used should match
the *alloc() form used.  That is, if ber_bvdup() is used
to allocate something, it needs to be freed using ber_*free().
If LDAP_*ALLOC(), then LDAP_FREE().  If LBER_*ALLOC(), then
LBER_FREE().

For slapd, if ch_*alloc() is used, then ch_free() should be used.
Eventually, calls to ch_* routines will be replaced with macros
calling ber_* directly, PLUS code to handle memory errors.  Work
in this area is quite welcomed.