RE: slapd perf

The relevant numbers are whatever is in use by
tests/scripts/test008-concurrency in the OpenLDAP source. The actual numbers
are meaningless
for the message I posted. All that's important is the relative performance,
since the test data sets are the same in both cases. The new code with
the optimizations I've committed is over 2X faster than the old code.