Re: An optimization for another day (and developer)

> Well, I guess my last commit counts as a radical change to the API.
> Anything that lets you avoid a malloc is a Good Thing. In this case, I've
> changed the filter/syntax/indexer structures to embed the struct berval
> in their parent structure, instead of using a struct berval pointer.
> This cuts malloc calls almost in half, with a corresponding drop in
> CPU time. I will be looking thru the code for other places to make
> similar changes. (The Attribute->a_vals is a good candidate for gains,
> but I left it out this time 'round because that was too much to change
> at once.)

I see very little commits on back-tcl, back-sql and so; I guess at some
point all the API changes will need to be done at once :(.  I'm not
usually compiling those backends, so I can have a look at them but
I'm not sure I can catch everything.  Is anybody out there with more
specific knowledge of the missing backends that wants to take care of
them?

Ando.