Re: Thinking about operational attribute numSubordinates...

Michael Ströder wrote:

> Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> >
> > On the contrary, a simple boolean isleaf flag, or even a count
> > of the children, could be computed and returned only if required
> > with little effort. Comments?
>
> I would also be happy with hasSubordinates attribute.
>
> http://www.alvestrand.no/objectid/2.5.18.9.html
>
> Ciao, Michael.

I think the "little" effort of computing it on the fly would be too much
overhead.  It should be maintained as an operational attribute in the
database.  It could be optional, like maintaining modification times is
(or used to be).  How would slapcat/slapadd treat this?  Slapcat should
not dump it, right?

Regards,
Randy