Re: Need new replica configuration without shutting down slapd

--On Donnerstag, 6. Dezember 2001 11:20 +0530 Ganesan R <rganesan-ldap@myrealbox.com> wrote:

So far I've managed to get slapd successfully get read this information to
populate it's internal replica data structures at startup. I've also
modified slapd to handle writes to the above "replica DN" and reconfigure
it's internal data structures. So, replica addition/deletion can now be
done by writing to a special attribute. I am wondering if it's better to
implement a control to add/remove replicas.

See draft-khan-ldapext-replica-mgmt-00.txt This documents the extensions used by Novell to manage directory replication contexts (partitions) and replicas.

--
Norbert Klasen
DAASI International GmbH                 phone: +49 7071 29 70336