Re: memory leaks

At 09:06 AM 2001-12-05, Julio Sánchez Fernández wrote:
>I think OpenSSL uses just the ASN1 tag to decide on the value syntax.

Yes, but OpenSSL likely assumes that two values which have
identical DER-encoded representations have identical LDAP
syntax string representations.  That assumption is a bad
assumption as two different LDAP syntax may have the same
DER representations but different LDAP string representations.

I agree that in practice you likely won't run into such
cases, especially with DN AVAs, but...

Kurt