was RE: dissection of search latency

I see, I will continue to work on this area.

> >I'm also looking at what needs to happen to turn SLAPD_USE_AD
> >on in back-bdb.

> Frankly, I don't recall why it's not enabled...  but there
> is likely a good reason.

It was a little shaky in places, but my last commit to HEAD now uses
the AD-based code and removed the old code. Should be worth a percent
or two of speedup as well }-), since AttributeDescriptions can be indexed/
compared by pointer value; saves a bunch of strcmp()s. Also removed an
unnecessary bvstrdup/bvfree in the indexing code.