ChangeLogEntry and openLdap

Hello,
not sure wheather I should post this question to the software
of devel mailing list.
I appologize if I choosed the wrong forum. In that case please
guide me to the correct one.

I would like to use/implement the changeLog support for
replication between a LDAP Server and Client (or another
Server) in openLdap. This mechanism/support was described in
(an very old) draft , namely
"draft-ietf-asid-changelog-00.txt" by Gordon Good, Netscape
Communications 25 Nov. 1996 .

I checked some archived posts about this and I get the
impression that this support was never implemented in
openLdap...but I'm not sure. (f.e.
"http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapext/200003/msg00003.html";)

Is changeLog support implemented in openLdap?
    if not...would it be quite simple to hack this support
into openLdap?
    if changeLog is already implemented...how can I activate
it?...and how are the changes stored...in LDIF files?

Greatful for any answers/comments.

Sincerely
Mikael