Re: Mac OS X and OpenLDAP

Late Saturday evening, I played with the "stable" version, 2.0.15, in Mac OS 10.1 ... but had all sorts of problems with two-level namespaces. I remember reading the ProjectBuilder warnings about two-level namesapces ... but I was too tired to mess with it more. So what you said, Jason, seems to be true of the OpenLDAP 2.0.15 sources.

Today, I tried the 2.0.18 release and it compiled and linked just fine "out-of-the-box." I'm playing with the results now.

Say ... while I have someone from Apple on the line :-) (and hopefully this is not too off-topic), I am curious as regards an LDAP v.3 directory services plugin for the Mac OS X directory services architecture. I have to admit that one of the reasons I'm playing with OpenLDAP is to work out how difficult it might be to create such a plugin. However, I wouldn't want to do anything if someone is "officially" working on the project with more time and resources than I have at my disposal. :-)