RE: ber_memalloc size distribution of back-ldbm

The directory data set was synthesized using DirectoryMark toolset.
I'll mail it to you if somewhat large size is ok.
I also assume that there may be a commonly used data sets in the community
for this purpose... then I'll use them.

What slab allocator does is to reduce the number of calls to buddy system.
These two methods can be jointly used and  be additive with each other
in improving performance.

- Jong

jongchoi@us.ibm.com
IBM Thomas J. Watson Research