liblber on Solaris 8

Hello,

I am getting some problems (seg fault/bus errors) using liblber in isolation
on Solaris 8. I think I have eliminated all the programming bugs, and am
turning my attention to how it is built

Because I don't have a solaris box to hand right now, I can't see the
compilation/linking flags used for build liblber.a, but the makefile we made
ourselves has the following targets:

.c.o:
	gcc -c -g -O0 -fPIC -Wall -D_REENTRANT $<

liblber.a: bprint.c decode.c encode.c io.c
	ar cru liblber.a bprint.o decode.o encode.o io.o

Is this correct?  Is "ar" what we should be using?

Tat.