RE: Persistent Search - Question on A.J.Martin

Hi Alex,

You wrote:

> There is a transistion log and when a change is made to an entry
> it is checked against the requirements of each client.
> I my case I want to have a
> distributed hierarchy of sites across Europe,  and I want to maintain
> caches...the alternative to psearches would be a polling loop.

I suppose you have say n sites which are all making one Persistent Search.
Thus going through the set of Persistent Searches ( per modification )
is O(n) and n is propably not too big.

But if each site would do say a set of persistent searches with size
m going through all the searches would mean O(nm).

Why then would there be need to have many persistent searches ?
At least if we don't know the subset which we want to cache in advance.
Like in DNS.

cheers Jukka