Persistent Search - Question on A.J.Martin

Hi,

My name is Jukka Aakula and I'm interested to use LCUP or Persistent
Search in my
research project at Nokia.

I hope you have time to answer  my question:

    Does the Persistent Search in general and your implementation in
special scale with number of
    searches.

    In concrete I mean:

    A client is caching a subset of entries of a directory. Which
    entries to cache cannot be defined in forward but whenever the
client
    "gets interested" in an entry the client makes the Persistent Search
and caches the result.

    There can be a huge number of entries and thus also persistent
searches.

    Can the searches be made persistent without performance problems ?

Jukka Aakula