max users in directory

I was wondering what the maximum amount of users OpenLdap can handle on
a PIII 750 256MB RAM machine, 30GB HD.  Running on RH 7.1.  Using a
default configure install routine, what is a realistic number of users I
can handle, I will not be having very many simutaneous user lookups, at
most maybe 15 per minute.  The users will each have about 30 attributes,
about 30 bytes per attribute.  I just need ball park figure, I need to
give my bosses an idea, or whether we need to buy Novell or i-planet.
thanks,

--
Fernando Medina, Jr.
fmedina@nic.pibnet.com