Re: bugs with ldaps:// URIs

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:

> I committed some changes which appear to resolve this problem.
>
> Kurt

I'm a rank newbie at this ldap stuff, so take that into consideration as
you read my comments.

I grabbed code from CVS (cvs -z3 checkout -P ldap) and built it using
--with-tls --with-cyrus-sasl.  Everything seemed to go fine.  However,
when i start with:

/usr/local/libexec/slapd -h "ldaps:///"

i am not able to connect with either gq or the java ldapbrowser (i'd be
happy to try a different mechanism if someone wants to suggest another
browser or a command line that i can use to check).  I would think that
gq or the java ldapbrowser would be sufficient -- i found (and enabled)
the option in both programs to "use tls".

When i nmap myself, I can see that port 636 is open.

If i start using:

/usr/local/libexec/slapd -h "ldap:/// ldaps:///"

i can successfully connect to the server on port 389 (without tls), but
again i have no luck with the tls connection to port 636.

Has anyone else had success with this?

I can build without the cyrus-sasl if someone thinks that this will help
figure out the problem.   Please let me know what else I can do to try
to figure this out.

	thanx very much,
		~c