Re: should one single search be able to encompass several databases?

I'd like to see the backend API changed to support "virtual" directory
and "chaining".   Basically, the API needs to be changed so that
instead of the backend calling various send response calls as needed,
the backend uses callbacks to provide the response information to the
caller.  Then we can write a backend which "chains" between backends...
and a backend which does "virtual" directory stuff... and all kinds
of fun stuff.

It shouldn't be too hard to implement...

Kurt