Re: manual updates: volunteer(s) needed

Howdy,

I would like to help, however, <add usual disclaimer about time>...

;-)

I have a RedHat 7.0 system that came with openldap 1.2.11. I compiled but have not install 2.0.11. I plan to use ldap to support our address book needs and then to add whatever else is reasonable for us.

I'm pretty new to ldap. I evaluated a Netscape Directory Server a while ago and have not done much else since in the way of ldap.

Would I be able to update some of pages in section 3 if I found examples, ran them and then checked the man pages?

If so, where should I look for examples?
       will the version I am using cause problems?

Thanks,

Gary

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

As most of you know, the man pages, especially section 3,
is largely out of date.  Volunteers are needed to update
the pages to reflect the current state of things.  If
you have a spare cycle, please update a man page and
submit the patch using our Issue Tracking System.

Thanks, Kurt