Re: [Open]LDAP C API's rebind_proc differences: LDAPv2 vs. LDAPv3

At 02:42 AM 6/11/2001, Konstantin Chuguev wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I looked through mailing lists and in Google but didn't find anything
>about it:
>Netscape SDK (and perhaps OpenLDAP-1.2) have the following definintion
>of the rebind_proc:
>int rebind_proc( LDAP *ld, char **dnp, char **pwp, int *authmethodp, int
>freeit [, void *arg] );

>In OpenLDAPv2, the callback prototype is different:
>
>typedef int (LDAP_REBIND_PROC) LDAP_P(( LDAP *ld, LDAP_CONST char *url,
>int request, ber_int_t msgid ));
>
>What is the meaning of the callback parameters and the result?

See:
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/200004/msg00059.html

>I need to
>fix a piece of code to use the new API...

See test.c in libldap

>Unfortunately, the ldap_set_rebind_proc manual page still describes the
>old prototype.

Yes.  Most of the API man pages are out of date.  I note as well that
this API is subject to significant change based upon IETF work or other
design work.

>I used to have a link to an LDAP C API Internet Draft, but have lost it.

See doc/drafts