Re: Too many open files

At 11:15 AM 2/26/01, Mark Adamson wrote:
>The slapd server here at CMU has been getting into a nasty spin because of
>too many open file descriptors as well. It started last week (while I was
>on vacation, of course :) when someone tried a new client that was making
>a lot of connections to the server.

I put a yield() into the loop which *should* give control to
another thread.  Now, this won't lesson the CPU load as if the
other work is I/O bound the control will get given back to
listening thread.

As far as doing something better, one could implement some
throttling code or wait on a condition which other threads
signal after they close a descriptor.  I'm not sure which
I dislike more.

Kurt