Re: Meta directory?

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:

> Most of your back-ldap stuff is pending review for commitment
> to HEAD and would be targeted for 2.1, not 2.0.8.  2.0.x are
> maintenance releases.

This is very good news. Of course, I'm not asking you any schedule ...

> Hopefully Mark or Howard or other core
> team member will find time to review your various contributions
> soon.

In the meanwhile, I'm working at the multi-target back-ldap; to avoid
excessive conflicts with the present code (which works and has its
own use as is) I'm branching a _new_ backend (I called it back-meta)
which is mainly based on Howard's architecture but handles a pool
of targets intead of just one. I moved Mark's attribute mapping
and my rewrite stuff on a per-target basis, to allow high administrative

flexibility.

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it