Regarding LDAP C API

Hi all,

I am writing a LDAP client using C API, I am working on OpenLDAP Ver
1.2.11.
I have a master slapd and many slave slapds, When i do any
add/modify/delete entry operation to slave slapd, Its not getting
replicated in master, even slapd is not returning me the referral, this
is happening only to the client program i have written, the standard
tools which are in ~/client/tools/ldpamodify is working fine, i glanced
through the ldapmodify.c program and found no difference between mine
and ldapmodify.c.
I even went through Makefile but did not understand much.
I just want to know is this due to not including library.
How can i make my client such that, when i request modify to slave
slapd, it should get replicated in master as well. (will slave directly
talk to master ?).

Thanx in advance
Vishwanath K
K Vishwanath