RE: Slapd frontend performance issues

I've also been doing quite a bit of work on the Back-sql code to optimize
it, and now have Back-sql running at 100 queries/second against our
in-memory relational database, TimesTen.  Your 6 queries/sec number pretty
much matches what I saw  using Oracle with back-sql out-of-the-box as well.
I'm using similar Sun hardware to Eric's case.

I have a long list of additional enhancements to make, including using
connection pools as Eric suggests.  I haven't got around to that one yet.

I'll send additional email to the list in the next day or two describing the
changes we've made, none of which are specific to TimesTen (they should
improve the performance with most backend ODBC databases).  I'd be happy to
make the changes public to Dmitry and/or anyone else who would like to try
them.  If anyone's interested in details sooner, please let me know.

...Sam Drake / Manager, Product Integration / TimesTen Performance Software
...email: drake@timesten.com / www.timesten.com