Netscape changelog question

I'm rather new to LDAP technology, so please forgive my question if it appears
trivial or inappropriate for this forum.

I'm trying to write a C++ program that will pull changelog entries from a
Netscape directory server (and I'm having no luck).  Can anyone point me to
some code samples that do this?  I'm using the Netscape SDK for C.  Also, is
there any type of LDAP browser that will allow me to view the changelog
entries?  I've been trying to use an LDAP browser that I found to pull
information using the following DN:  changenumber=<value>,cn=changelog, but
I'm getting nothing.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
MH