Re: SQL backend specific options - description?

Maybe you could insert the attached slapd.conf.5 file into CVS?
I've taken the one from CVSweb and added the information given below,
together with the defaults found in the sources.

Dmitry Kovalev wrote:

> Hello Heiko!
>
> Heiko Nardmann wrote:
>
> > Is there any document describing the SQL backend specific options
> > already?
>
> install and concept files contain partial information about several of
> them... most of them were considered self-explanatory, and
> lazy-to-describe-in-english.
> you can find illustrations on most of directives in examples for different
> RDBMSes
>
> well, let's try to post some more explanations here (blame my English again
> if they are not understandable ;):
>
> - dbname - the name of ODBC datasource to use
> - dbhost, dbuser, dbpasswd - are generally unneeded, because this
> information is already taken from datasource.  Use them if you need
> override datasource settings. Also, several RDBMS' drivers tend to require
> explicit passing of user/password, even if those are given in datasource.
> -  subtree_cond - a SQL where-clause template used to form subtree search
> condition. it may differ from one SQL dialect to another (see samples)
> -  oc_query, at_query, insentry_query, delentry_query - SQL query templates
> for loading schema mapping metainformation, adding and deleting entries to
> ldap_entries, etc. All these and subtree_cond have default values, which
> can be seen in sources, or in log output when slapd starts with "-d 5" or
> greater
> - upper_func - if given, is interpreted as name of function that converts
> given value to uppercase. this is used for CIS matching when RDBMS is case
> sensitive. I.e., for Oracle this is set to "UPPER" (see sample)
>
> to the list:
>
> there are some more to come, inspired by Postgres port - with them back-sql
> will become entirely customizable to SQL dialects in all it's parts
> (probably there IS some _weird_ dialect that won't fit principally, but
> that is not back-sql's fault - use some compatibility level software such
> as EasySoft provides, to normalize SQL between your RDBMSes, or write new
> standard ;)
>
> BTW, there are some more long-requested features which would be of general
> interest (like IP address available for substitution in queries, and
> password setting exop support), which are fairly easy to implement, but for
> which I have no time currently. If someone can help with patches - it would
> be very nice.
>
> WBW, Dmitry

Thanks for your information.

--
Heiko Nardmann (Dipl.-Ing.), h.nardmann@secunet.de, Software Development
secunet Security Networks AG - Sicherheit in Netzwerken (www.secunet.de),

.TH SLAPD.CONF 5 "17 October 2000" "OpenLDAP LDVERSION"
.\" Copyright 1998-2000 The OpenLDAP Foundation All Rights Reserved.
.\" Copying restrictions apply.  See COPYRIGHT/LICENSE.
.\" $OpenLDAP: /doc/man/man5/slapd.conf.5,v 1.57 2000/10/17 22:22:30 kurt Exp $
.SH NAME
slapd.conf \- configuration file for slapd, the stand-alone LDAP daemon
.SH SYNOPSIS
ETCDIR/slapd.conf
.SH DESCRIPTION
The file
.B ETCDIR/slapd.conf
contains configuration information for the
.BR slapd (8)
daemon.  This configuration file is also used by the
.BR slurpd (8)
replication daemon and by the SLAPD tools
.BR slapadd (8),
.BR slapcat (8),
and
.BR slapindex (8).
.LP
The
.B slapd.conf
file consists of a series of global configuration options that apply to
.B slapd
as a whole (including all backends), followed by zero or more database
backend definitions that contain information specific to a backend
instance.
.LP
The general format of
.B slapd.conf
is as follows:
.LP
.nf
    # comment - these options apply to every database
    <global configuration options>
    # first database definition & configuration options
    database	<backend 1 type>
    <configuration options specific to backend 1>
    # subsequent database definitions & configuration options
.fi
.LP
As many backend-specific sections as desired may be included.  Global
options can be overridden in a backend (for options that appear more
than once, the last appearance in the
.B slapd.conf
file is used).  Blank lines and comment lines beginning with a `#'
character are ignored. If a line begins with white space, it is
considered a continuation of the previous line.
.LP
Arguments on configuration lines are separated by white space. If an
argument contains white space, the argument should be enclosed in
double quotes.  If an argument contains a double quote (`"') or a
backslash character (`\\'), the character should be preceded by a
backslash character.
.LP
The specific configuration options available are discussed below in the
Global Configuration Options, General Backend Options, LDBM
Backend-Specific Options, Shell Backend-Specific Options, and Password
Backend-Specific Options sections.  Refer to the "OpenLDAP
Administrator's Guide" for more details on the slapd configuration
file.
.SH GLOBAL CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
Options described in this section apply to all backends, unless specifically
overridden in a backend definition. Arguments that should be replaced by
actual text are shown in brackets <>.
.TP
Grant access (specified by <access>) to a set of entries and/or
attributes (specified by <what>) by one or more requestors (specified
by <who>).
See the "OpenLDAP's Administrator's Guide" for details.
.TP
.B allow <features>
Specify a set of features (separated by white space) to
allow (default none).
.B tls_2_anon
allows Start TLS to force session to anonymous status (see also
.B disallow
.BR tls_authc ).
.TP
.B argsfile <filename>
The ( absolute ) name of a file that will hold the
.B slapd
server's command line options
if started without the debugging command line option.
.HP
.hy 0
.B attributetype (\ <oid> [NAME\ <name>] [OBSOLETE]\
 [DESC\ <description>]\
 [SUBSTR\ <oid>] [SYNTAX\ <oidlen>] [SINGLE\-VALUE] [COLLECTIVE]\
 [NO\-USER\-MODIFICATION] [USAGE\ <attributeUsage>]\ )
.RS
Specify an attribute type using the LDAPv3 syntax defined in RFC 2252.
The slapd parser extends the RFC 2252 definition by allowing string
forms as well as numeric OIDs to be used for the attribute OID and
attribute syntax OID.
(See the
.B objectidentifier
description.) Currently the syntax name parser is case-sensitive.
The known syntax names are:
.RS
.RS
.PD 0
AttributeTypeDescription Audio Binary BitString Certificate CertificateList
CertificatePair DN DeliveryMethod DirectoryString DITContentRuleDescription
DITStructureRuleDescription EnhancedGuide FacsimileTelephoneNumber
GeneralizedTime Guide IA5String Integer MatchingRuleDescription
MatchingRuleUseDescription MailPreference NameAndOptionalUUID
NameFormDescription NumericString ObjectClassDescription OID
OtherMailbox OctetString PostalAddress ProtocolInformation
PresentationAddress PrintableString SupportedAlgorithm TelephoneNumber
TeletexTerminalIdentifier TelexNumber UTCTime LDAPSyntaxDescription
SubstringAssertion NISnetgrouptriple Bootparameter
.PD
.RE
.RE
.RE
.TP
.B concurrency <integer>
Specify a desired level of concurrency.  Provided to the underlying
thread system as a hint.  The default is not to provide any hint.
.TP
.B defaultsearchbase <dn>
Specify a default search base to use when client submits a
non-base search request with an empty base DN.
.TP
.B disallow <features>
Specify a set of features (separated by white space) to
disallow (default none).
.B bind_v2
disables acceptance of LDAPv2 bind requests.
.B bind_anon
disables acceptance of anonymous bind requests.
.B bind_anon_cred
disables anonymous bind creditials are not empty (e.g.
when DN is empty).
.B bind_anon_dn
disables anonymous bind when DN is not empty.
.B bind_simple
disables simple (bind) authentication.
.B bind_krbv4
disables Kerberos V4 (bind) authentication.
.B tls_authc
disables StartTLS if authenticated (see also
.B allow
.BR tls_2_anon ).
.TP
.B idletimeout <integer>
Specify the number of seconds to wait before forcibly closing
an idle client connections.  A idletimeout of 0 disables this
feature.  The default is 0.
.TP
.B include <filename>
Read additional configuration information from the given file before
continuing with the next line of the current file.
.TP
.B loglevel <integer>
Specify the level at which debugging statements and operation
statistics should be syslogged (currently logged to the
.BR syslogd (8)
LOG_LOCAL4 facility).  Log levels are additive, and available levels
are:
.RS
.RS
.PD 0
.TP
.B 1
trace function calls
.TP
.B 2
debug packet handling
.TP
.B 4
heavy trace debugging
.TP
.B 8
connection management
.TP
.B 16
print out packets sent and received
.TP
.B 32
search filter processing
.TP
.B 64
configuration file processing
.TP
.B 128
access control list processing
.TP
.B 256
stats log connections/operations/results
.TP
.B 512
stats log entries sent
.TP
.B 1024
print communication with shell backends
.TP
.B 2048
entry parsing
.PD
.RE
.RE
.HP
.B objectclass ( <oid> [NAME <name>] [DESC <description] [OBSOLETE]\
 [SUP <oids>] [{ ABSTRACT | STRUCTURAL | AUXILIARY }] [MUST <oids>]\
 [MAY <oids>] )
.RS
Specify an objectclass using the LDAPv3 syntax defined in RFC 2252.
The slapd parser extends the RFC 2252 definition by allowing string
forms as well as numeric OIDs to be used for the object class OID.
(See the
.B
objectidentifier
description.)  Object classes are "STRUCTURAL" by default.
.RE
.TP
Define a string name that equates to the given OID. The string can be used
in place of the numeric OID in objectclass and attribute definitions. The
name can also be used with a suffix of the form ":xx" in which case the
value "oid.xx" will be used.
.TP
.B password-hash <hash>
The <hash> to use for userPassword generation.  One of
.BR {SSHA} ,
.BR {SHA} ,
.BR {SMD5} ,
.BR {MD5} ,
.BR {CRYPT} ,
.BR {KERBEROS} ,
.BR {SASL} ,
and
.BR {UNIX} .
The default is
.BR {SSHA} .
.TP
.B pidfile <filename>
The ( absolute ) name of a file that will hold the
.B slapd
server's process ID ( see
.BR getpid (2)
) if started without the debugging command line option.
.TP
.B referral <url>
Specify the referral to pass back when
.BR slapd (8)
cannot find a local database to handle a request.
If specified multiple times, each url is provided.
.TP
.B require <conditions>
Specify a set of conditions (separated by white space) to
require (default none).
The directive may be specified globally and/or per-database.
.B bind
requires bind operation prior to directory operations.
.B LDAPv3
requires session to be using LDAP version 3.
.B authc
requires authentication prior to directory operations.
.B SASL
requires SASL authentication prior to directory operations.
.B strong
requires strong authentication prior to directory operations.
Currently
.B SASL
and
.B strong
conditions are currently same.
.B none
may be used to require no conditions (useful for clearly globally
set conditions within a particular database).
.TP
.B sasl-host <fqdn>
Used to specify the fully qualified domain name used for SASL processing.
.TP
.B sasl-realm <realm>
Specify SASL realm.  Default is empty.
.TP
.B sasl-regexp <match> <replace>
Used by the SASL authorization mechanism to convert a SASL authenticated
username to an LDAP DN. When an authorization request is received, the SASL
.B USERNAME, REALM,
and
.B MECHANISM
are taken, when available, and combined into a SASL name of the
form
.RS
.RS
.TP
.B uid=<UID>[,cn=<REALM>][,cn=<MECH>],cn=AUTHZ

.RE
This SASL name is then compared against the
.B match
regular expression, and if the match is successful, the SASL name is
replaced with the
.B replace
string. If there are wildcard strings in the
.B match
regular expression that are enclosed in parenthesis, e.g.
.RS
.RS
.TP
.B uid=(.*)\\\\+realm=.*

.RE
.RE
then the portion of the SASL name that matched the wildcard will be stored
in the numbered placeholder variable $1. If there are other wildcard strings
in parenthesis, the matching strings will be in $2, $3, etc. up to $9. The
placeholders can then be used in the
.B replace
string, e.g.
.RS
.RS
.TP
.B cn=$1,ou=Accounts,dc=$2,dc=$4.

.RE
.RE
The replaced SASL name can be either a DN or an LDAP URI. If the latter, the slapd
server will use the URI to search its own database, and if the search returns
exactly one entry, the SASL name is replaced by the DN of that entry.
Multiple
.B sasl-regexp
options can be given in the configuration file to allow for multiple matching
and replacement patterns. The matching patterns are checked in the order they
appear in the file, stopping at the first successful match.
.LP
.B Caution:
Because the plus sign + is a character recognized by the regular expression engine,
and it will appear in SASL names that include a REALM, be careful to escape the
plus sign with a backslash \\+ to remove the character's special meaning.
.RE
.TP
.B sasl-secprops <properties>
Used to specify Cyrus SASL security properties.
The
.B none
flag (without any other properities) causes the flag properites
default, "noanonymous,noplain", to be cleared.
The
.B noplain
flag disables mechanisms susceptible to simple passive attacks.
The
.B noactive
flag disables mechanisms susceptible to active attacks.
The
.B nodict
flag disables mechanisms susceptible to passive dictionary attacks.
The
.B noanonyous
flag disables mechanisms which support anonymous login.
The
.B forwardsec
flag require forward secrecy between sessions.
The
.B passcred
require mechanisms which pass client credentials (and allow
mechanisms which can pass credentials to do so).
The
.B minssf=<factor>
property specifies the minimum acceptable
.I security strength factor
as an integer approximate to effective key length used for
encryption.  0 (zero) implies no protection, 1 implies integrity
protection only, 56 allows DES or other weak ciphers, 112
allows triple DES and other strong ciphers, 128 allows RC4,
Blowfish and other modern strong ciphers.  The default is 0.
The
.B maxssf=<factor>
property specifies the maximum acceptable
.I security strength factor
as an integer (see minssf description).  The default is INT_MAX.
The
.B maxbufsize=<size>
property specifies the maximum security layer receive buffer
size allowed.  0 disables security layers.  The default is 65536.
.TP
.B schemacheck { on | off }
Turn schema checking on or off. The default is on.
.TP
.B security <factors>
Specify a set of factors (separated by white space) to require.
An integer value is associated with each factor and is roughly
equivalent of the encryption key length to require.  A value
of 112 is equivalent to 3DES, 128 to Blowfish, etc..
The directive may be specified globally and/or per-database.
.B ssf=<n>
specifies the overall security strength factor.
.B transport=<n>
specifies the transport security strength factor.
.B tls=<n>
specifies the TLS security strength factor.
.B sasl=<n>
specifies the SASL security strength factor.
.B update_ssf=<n>
specifies the overall security strength factor to require for
directory updates.
.B update_transport=<n>
specifies the transport security strength factor to require for
directory updates.
.B update_tls=<n>
specifies the TLS security strength factor to require for
directory updates.
.B update_sasl=<n>
specifies the SASL security strength factor to require for
directory updates.
Note that the
.B transport
factor is measure of security provided by the underlying transport,
e.g. ldapi:// (and eventually IPSEC).  It is not normally used.
.TP
.B sizelimit <integer>
Specify the maximum number of entries to return from a search operation.
The default size limit is 500.
.TP
.B srvtab <filename>
Specify the srvtab file in which the kerberos keys necessary for
authenticating clients using kerberos can be found. This option is only
meaningful if you are using Kerberos authentication.
.TP
.B schemacheck { on | off }
Turn schema checking on or off. The default is on.
.TP
.B sizelimit <integer>
Specify the maximum number of entries to return from a search operation.
The default size limit is 500.
.TP
.B srvtab <filename>
Specify the srvtab file in which the kerberos keys necessary for
authenticating clients using kerberos can be found. This option is only
meaningful if you are using Kerberos authentication.
.TP
.B threads <integer>
Specify the maximum size of the primary thread pool.
The default is 32.
.TP
.B timelimit <integer>
Specify the maximum number of seconds (in real time)
.B slapd
will spend answering a search request.  The default time limit is 3600.
.SH TLS OPTIONS
If
.B slapd
is build with support for Transport Layer Security, there are more options
you can specify.
.TP
.B TLSCipherSuite <cipher-suite-spec>
Permits configuring what ciphers will be accepted and the preference order.
<cipher-suite-spec> should be a cipher specification for OpenSSL.  Example:

TLSCipherSuite HIGH:MEDIUM:+SSLv2

To check what ciphers a given spec selects, use:

openssl ciphers -v <cipher-suite-spec>
.TP
.B TLSCertificateFile <filename>
Specifies the file that contains the
.B slapd
server certificate.
.TP
.B TLSCertificateKeyFile <filename>
Specifies the file that contains the
.B slapd
server private key that matches the certificate stored in the
.B TLSCertificateFile
file.  Currently, the private key must not be protected with a password, so
it is of critical importance that it is protected carefully.
.SH GENERAL BACKEND OPTIONS
Options in this section only apply to the configuration file section
for the backend in which they are defined.  They are supported by every
type of backend.
.TP
.B database <databasetype>
Mark the beginning of a new database instance definition. <databasetype>
should be one of
.B ldbm,
.B shell,
or
.B passwd
depending on which backend will serve the database.
.TP
.B lastmod on | off
Controls whether
.B slapd
will automatically maintain the
modifiersName, modifyTimestamp, creatorsName, and
createTimestamp attributes for entries.  By default, lastmod is on.
.TP
.B readonly on | off
This option puts the database into "read-only" mode.  Any attempts to
modify the database will return an "unwilling to perform" error.  By
default, readonly is off.
.HP
.B replica host=<hostname>[:port] [tls=yes|critical]
.B bindmethod=simple|sasl [binddn=<simple DN>] [credentials=<simple password>]
.B [saslmech=<SASL mech>] [secopts=<options>] [realm=<realm>]
.B [authcId=<authentication ID>] [authcId=<authentication ID>]
.RS
Specify a replication site for this database.  Refer to the "OpenLDAP
Administrator's Guide" for detailed information on setting up a replicated
.B slapd
directory service. A
.B bindmethod
of
.B simple
requires the options
.B binddn
and
.B credentials
and should only be used when adequate security services
(e.g TLS or IPSEC) are in place. A
.B bindmethod
of
.B sasl
requires the option
.B saslmech.
If the
.B mechanism
will use Kerberos, a kerberos instance should be given in
.B authcId.
.RE
.TP
.B replogfile <filename>
Specify the name of the replication log file to log changes to.
The replication log is typically written by
.BR slapd (8)
and read by
.BR slurpd (8).
See
.BR slapd.replog (5)
for more information.  The specified file should be located
in a directory with limited read/write/execute access as the replication
logs may contain sensitive information.
.TP
.B rootdn <dn>
Specify the distinguished name that is not subject to access control
or administrative limit restrictions for operations on this database.
This DN may or may not be associated with an entry.  An empty root
DN (the default) specifies no root access is to be granted.  It is
recommended that the rootdn only be specified when needed (such as
when initially populating a database).  If the rootdn is within
a namingContext (suffix) of the database, a simple bind password
may also be provided using the
.B rootpw
directive.
.TP
.B rootpw <password>
Specify a password (or hash of the password) for the rootdn.  If
the rootdn is not within the namingContext of the database, the
provided password is ignored.
This option accepts all RFC 2307 userPassword formats known to
the server (see
.B password-hash
desription) as well as cleartext.
.BR slappasswd (8)
may be used to generate a hash of a password.  Cleartext
and \fB{CRYPT}\fP passwords are not recommended.  If empty
(the default), authentication of the root DN is by other means
(e.g. SASL).  Use of SASL is encouraged.
.TP
.B suffix <dn suffix>
Specify the DN suffix of queries that will be passed to this
backend database.  Multiple suffix lines can be given and at least one is
required for each database definition.
.TP
.B updatedn <dn>
This option is only applicable in a slave
.B slapd.
It specifies the DN allowed to make changes to the replica (typically,
this is the DN
.BR slurpd (8)
binds as when making changes to the replica).
.TP
.B updateref <url>
Specify the referral to pass back when
.BR slapd (8)
is asked to modify a replicated local database.
If specified multiple times, each url is provided.
.SH LDBM BACKEND-SPECIFIC OPTIONS
Options in this category only apply to the LDBM backend database. That is,
they must follow a "database ldbm" line and come before any subsequent
"database" lines.  The LDBM backend is a high-performance database that
makes extensive use of indexing and caching to speed data access.
.TP
.B cachesize <integer>
Specify the size in entries of the in-memory cache maintained
by the LDBM backend database instance.  The default is 1000 entries.
.TP
.B dbcachesize <integer>
Specify the size in bytes of the in-memory cache associated
with each open index file. If not supported by the underlying database
method, this option is ignored without comment.  The default is 100000 bytes.
.TP
.B dbnolocking
Specify that no database locking should be performed.
Enabling this option may improve performance at the expense of data security.
.B dbnosync
Specify that on-disk database contents should not be immediately
synchronized with in memory changes.  Enabling this option may improve
performance at the expense of data security.
.TP
.B directory <directory>
Specify the directory where the LDBM files containing this database and
associated indexes live.  A separate directory must be specified for
each database.  The default is
.BR LOCALSTATEDIR/openldap-ldbm .
.TP
.B
index {<attrlist>|default} [pres,eq,approx,sub,<special>]
Specify the indexes to maintain for the given attribute. If only
an <attr> is given, the indices specified for \fBdefault\fR
are maintained.  A number of special index parameters may be
specified.
The index type
.B sub
can be decomposed into
.BR subinitial ,
.BR subany ,\ and
.B subfinal
indices.
The special type
.B lang
may be specified to allow use of this index by language subtypes.
The special type
.B autolang
may be specified to automatically maintain separate indices for each
language subtypes.
The special type
.B subtypes
may be specified to allow use of this index by named subtypes.
The special type
.B autosubtypes
may be specified to automatically maintain separate indices for each
other subtypes.
.TP
.B mode <integer>
Specify the file protection mode that newly created database
index files should have.  The default is 0600.
.SH SHELL BACKEND-SPECIFIC OPTIONS
Options in this category only apply to the SHELL backend database. That is,
they must follow a "database shell" line and come before any subsequent
"database" lines.  The Shell backend executes external programs to
implement operations, and is designed to make it easy to tie an existing
database to the
.B slapd
front-end.
.TP
.B bind <pathname>
.TP
.B unbind <pathname>
.TP
.B search <pathname>
.TP
.B compare <pathname>
.TP
.B modify <pathname>
.TP
.B modrdn <pathname>
.TP
.B add <pathname>
.TP
.B delete <pathname>
.TP
.B abandon <pathname>
These options specify the pathname of the command to execute in response
to the given LDAP operation.
.LP
Note that you need only supply configuration lines for those commands you
want the backend to handle. Operations for which a command is not
supplied will be refused with an "unwilling to perform" error.
.SH PASSWORD BACKEND-SPECIFIC OPTIONS
Options in this category only apply to the PASSWD backend database.
That is, they must follow a "database passwd" line and come before any
subsequent "database" lines.  The PASSWD database serves up the user
account information listed in the system
.BR passwd (5)
file.
.TP
.B file <filename>
Specifies an alternate passwd file to use.  The default is
.B /etc/passwd.
.SH SQL BACKEND-SPECIFIC OPTIONS
Options in this category only apply to the SQL backend database.
That is, they must follow a "database sql" line and come before any
subsequent "database" lines.
.TP
.B dbname <datasource name>
The name of ODBC datasource to use.
.TP
.B dbhost <hostname>
.TP
.B dbuser <username>
.TP
.B dbpasswd <password>
These three options are generally unneeded, because this information is already taken from datasource.
Use them if you need to override datasource settings.
Also, several RDBMS' drivers tend to require explicit passing of user/password,
even if those are given in datasource.
.TP
.B subtree_cond <SQL expression>
Specifies a where-clause template used to form subtree search condition.
It may differ from one SQL dialect to another (see samples).
.TP
.B oc_query <SQL expression>
The default is
.B "SELECT id, name, keytbl, keycol, create_proc, delete_proc, expect_return FROM ldap_oc_mappings"
.TP
.B at_query <SQL expression>
The default is
.B "SELECT name, sel_expr, from_tbls, join_where, add_proc, delete_proc, param_order, expect_return FROM ldap_attr_mappings WHERE oc_map_id=?"
.TP
.B insentry_query <SQL expression>
The default is
.B "INSERT INTO ldap_entries (dn, oc_map_id, parent, keyval) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)"
.TP
.B delentry_query <SQL expression>
The default is
.B "DELETE FROM ldap_entries WHERE id=?"

These four options specify SQL query templates for loading schema mapping metainformation,
adding and deleting entries to ldap_entries, etc.
All these and subtree_cond should have the given default values.
For the current value it is recommended to look at the sources,
or in the log output when slapd starts with "-d 5" or greater.
.TP
.B upper_func <SQL function name>
Specifies the name of a function that converts a given value to uppercase.
This is used for CIS matching when the RDBMS is case sensitive.
I.e., for Oracle this is set to "UPPER" (see sample configuration file
in subdirectory rdbms_depend/oracle).
.SH EXAMPLE
"OpenLDAP Administrator's Guide" contains an annotated
example of a configuration file.
.SH FILES
ETCDIR/slapd.conf
.SH SEE ALSO
.BR ldap (3),
.BR slapd.replog (5),
.BR locale (5),
.BR passwd (5),
.BR slapd (8),
.BR slapadd (8),
.BR slapcat (8),
.BR slapindex (8),
.BR slappassword (8),
.BR slurpd (8),
.LP
"OpenLDAP Administrator's Guide" (http://www.OpenLDAP.org/doc/admin/)
.SH ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
.B	OpenLDAP
is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project (http://www.openldap.org/).
.B	OpenLDAP
is derived from University of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release.